Time: 35 minutes
Directions: Use these general directions for each of following questions, and click on the best answer(s) among the choices. Try to simulate the test conditions by keeping track of your time using the clock provided on your computer screen. Budget your time effectively and if you need a break, stop and take a 10-minute break before completing the verbal section.
- A simple four-function on-screen calculator is available to help you perform simple computations.
- Some answer choices on this practice test will appear with letters A, B, C, D, or E for clarity. On the actual GRE, letters will not appear on the computer screen.
- All numerical values used are real numbers.
- Figures or diagrams are not necessarily drawn to scale and should not be used to estimate sizes by measurement unless they are data displays (graphs and charts) or coordinates on coordinate axes. These will always be drawn to scale.
- Lines that appear straight can be assumed to be straight.
- A symbol that appears in repeated quantities represents the same value or object for each quantity.
- On a number line, positive numbers are to the right of zero and increase to the right, and negative numbers are to the left of zero and decrease to the left.
- Distances are always either zero or a positive value.